Distracted driving is turning into a significant issue not only in Florida but everywhere! More than ever drivers are having trouble staying focused on the road. While behind the wheel, it is important to be constantly aware of your actions and the actions of others on the roads with you.
What is distracted driving?
- Talking with people in your car or on the phone
- Texting, scrolling or searching on your phone
- Playing with the radio or GPS
- Reaching for something
- Looking at directions
What are we able to do to help?
- Take responsibility for ourselves and encourage others to be responsible
- Program your GPS before you leave
- Let passengers take calls and answer messages for you
- Save eating, grooming and smoking for when you arrive
- Pull over to a safe place on the side of the road
- Turn your cell phone on silent, off or put it out of reach while driving
- Download an app that disables texting while driving or texts people back that you are currently driving
- Use a hands-free device such as Bluetooth.
- Put your phone on silent or “Do Not Disturb”
Practice safe driving and take advantage of a few of the thoughts above. Life is too valuable to sacrifice over a text message or phone call! If you have questions about your Florida auto insurance coverages PULL OVER and give us a call at 863-465-7155.