If you are in an accident, you may want to review the steps to take after this unfortunate event. Being prepared is the first line of defense. Having the proper auto insurance coverage in place will give you peace of mind and then knowing what to do after an accident will help you be more prepared.
- After the accident, see if anyone is injured. If so, call 911 right away.
- Stay calm & get to safety. If your vehicle is able to drive, pull it over to the side of the road to prevent any traffic hazard.
- Don’t discuss who is at fault. Just focus on documentation.
- Exchange information with all parties involved. Include names, addresses, vehicle information, plate numbers and insurance information.
- Take plenty of pictures with your phone for additional documentation.
Then, inform your insurance agency or company that you were involved in the accident. You can then get the next steps for submitting a claim and fixing your vehicle. At Wells Insurance, we are here to help you through this stressful situation, so let us know if you need any help after your accident.